One of the important decisions as new parents is the choice of a car seat. There are increasing numbers of possibilities but one key element is the safe use of the car seat. Pacific Safety Center in San Diego offers car seat safety training highlighting proper installation and use. It is a great place to start.
Between November 1, 2009
to September 30, 2012, PSC’s Keep ‘Em Safe Program:
- Distributed over 6,212 no-cost car seats
- Held 382 educational classes
- Held 168 check-up events
- Reached over 4600 parents/guardians | 6600 children
Did you know?
- Children under age 8 MUST be properly buckled into a car seat or booster seat in the back seat.
- Everyone in the car MUST be properly buckled up.
- Selling a car seat that was in use during a car accident/may result in a fine of up to $100!