Course 3: Details & Solutions for Livable Homes and Aging In Place (CAPS III)
This course builds on the CAPS I and CAPS II courses (which are prerequisites for this course) by introducing design solutions and techniques for professionals whose clients require specialized design and equipment to live and thrive comfortably in their homes. Whole house product specification and installation techniques will be covered accompanied by practical, hands-on activities.
Classes are live (not recorded) from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm PST.
Class dates in 2022: (Choose from the dropdown above)
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the challenging nature of design for aging in place projects.
- Identify available innovative and specialized products.
- Explain best practices for design and installation of key components in AIP home design.
- Describe the importance of budget and early product selection
- Identify common missteps for design and installation of AIP solutions.
- Recommend the best solutions for common single-room modifications based on needs identified in a provided client assessment and a room survey.
- List installation considerations for recommended modifications in a specified space.
- Prioritize the comprehensive solutions based on previous exercises when integrated into a real-world whole house scenario.
- Evaluate design considerations and installation requirements for recommended modifications based on whole house layout and circulation patterns.
- Prioritize individual projects relative to budget, needs and urgency.
This course qualifies for:
- 6 CE for AIBD
- 0.6 AOTA CEUs
- 6 AIA/CES HSW Learning Units
- 6 NAHB CE for: CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM