CAPS Training – 3 Day Course
$750.00 – $900.00
The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry – home modifications for aging in place.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) for AIA, AOTA, NKBA
Registration closes on the Friday before the scheduled date. Students can contact me with questions and can be wait listed or register for a later date.
The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry - home modifications for aging in place.
NAHB Remodelers - in collaboration with the AARP, Home Innovation Research Labs and NAHB 50+ Housing Council - developed this program to provide comprehensive, practical, market-specific information about working with older and maturing adults to remodel their homes for aging in place.
Course 1: Marketing and Communicating with the Aging in Place Client (CAPS I)
- Identify access points and marketing opportunities within targeted AIP segments.
- Explain how allied professionals can collaborate effectively to serve a targeted AIP market.
- Identify common challenges of functioning in a real-world environment for the AIP population.
- Enhance the client consulting process with effective needs assessment and communication techniques.
Course 2: Design Concepts for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS II)
- Identify special considerations for estimating, scheduling and executing the job while the client is in residence.
- Identify legal and contractual considerations for building professionals providing AIP design solutions for residential clients.
- Describe the categories of design and how they relate and apply to the three AIP market segments.
- Describe specific design concepts for the AIP client.
Course 3: Details & Solutions for Livable Homes and Aging In Place (CAPS III)
- Describe the challenging nature of design for aging in place projects.
- Identify available innovative and specialized products.
- Explain best practices for design and installation of key components in AIP home design.
- Describe the importance of budget and early product selection
- Identify common missteps for design and installation of AIP solutions.
- Recommend the best solutions for common single-room modifications based on needs identified in a provided client assessment and a room survey.
- List installation considerations for recommended modifications in a specified space.
- Prioritize the comprehensive solutions based on previous exercises when integrated into a real-world whole house scenario.
- Evaluate design considerations and installation requirements for recommended modifications based on whole house layout and circulation patterns.
- Prioritize individual projects relative to budget, needs and urgency.
All classes are held from 8 am to 4pm at The Design Institute of San Diego, 8595 Commerce Ave, San Diego 92121.
Jan 27-29, 2021, Feb 24-26, 2021, Mar 24-26, 2021, Apr 28-30,2021, May 26-28, 2021, Jun 23-25, 2021, Jul 28-30, 2021, Aug 25-27, 2021, Sep 22-24, 2021, Oct 27-29, 2021, Nov 17-19, 2021, Dec 8-10, 2021