CAPS Training in San Diego
Course 1: Marketing and Communicating with the Aging in Place Client (CAPS I)
- Identify access points and marketing opportunities within targeted AIP segments.
- Explain how allied professionals can collaborate effectively to serve a targeted AIP market.
- Identify common challenges of functioning in a real-world environment for the AIP population.
- Enhance the client consulting process with effective needs assessment and communication techniques.
Course 2: Design Concepts for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS II)
- Identify special considerations for estimating, scheduling and executing the job while the client is in residence.
- Identify legal and contractual considerations for building professionals providing AIP design solutions for residential clients.
- Describe the categories of design and how they relate and apply to the three AIP market segments.
- Describe specific design concepts for the AIP client.
Course 3: Details & Solutions for Livable Homes and Aging In Place (CAPS III)
- Describe the challenging nature of design for aging in place projects.
- Identify available innovative and specialized products.
- Explain best practices for design and installation of key components in AIP home design.
- Describe the importance of budget and early product selection
- Identify common missteps for design and installation of AIP solutions.
- Recommend the best solutions for common single-room modifications based on needs identified in a provided client assessment and a room survey.
- List installation considerations for recommended modifications in a specified space.
- Prioritize the comprehensive solutions based on previous exercises when integrated into a real-world whole house scenario.
- Evaluate design considerations and installation requirements for recommended modifications based on whole house layout and circulation patterns.
- Prioritize individual projects relative to budget, needs and urgency.